Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Best Homemade Oreos

If I had to deem a cookie as being my husband's favorite, I'm almost positive it would be this one. I happen to be more than ok with this because they are really easy to make, and because they involve a hefty amount of cream cheese frosting. I could eat that stuff by the spoonful. 



The Best Homemade Oreos

Cookies:
1 package Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 c. shortening
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll dough into small balls. (I roll mine out to slightly smaller than a golf ball.) Place balls on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies sit on cookie sheet until set and then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling completely. Spoon cream cheese frosting between two cookies and sandwich together.

Frosting:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1, 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

*Makes about 12 oreos, give or take a few depending on desired size.

5 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I want to make some for my cousin's baby shower. About how many will this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added that little bit of info. Thanks for keeping me on my toes. Hope you make them and love them as much as we do!

      Delete
  2. They were delicious!!!!! Thanks for the recipe. It is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete