Monday, September 5, 2011

Chili

I love fall. It is hands-down my favorite season. 
Fall means going back to school, changing leaves, brisk air and light jackets, and all things pumpkin. Fall also means college football. I may or may not have let my excitement for this matter slip out of my mouth when talking to my husband the other day.
 And of course fall means homemade soup.

When my husband came home from work the other night to find this waiting for him he told me I had just made him one "happy husband." 
This chili is hearty and delicious. Bonus: it's super easy! The hardest part is having to brown the hamburger meat.

Chili

3T Hidden Valley ranch dressing and seasoning mix
1 taco seasoning packet
1 lb. hamburger
1 can kidney beans, drained
2 cans pinto beans, liquid included
1 can gold & white kernel corn, drained
1 can petite diced tomatoes with green chiles, liquid included
2 cans petite diced tomatoes with sweet onions, liquid included
1 can olives, drained and halved

Brown hamburger meat. Add ranch dressing powder and taco seasoning mix and stir until combined. In large pot combine hamburger meat with everything else and cook until heated through. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Whitney!

    I'm one of Mickelle Bland's cousins. I was at her reception the other day and loved your cookies. Would you post the recipe for the star cookies? I've been craving them since!!

    Thanks!!

    Briahna Bushman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this chili last night and the husband and I loved it! one question- do you drain your tomatoes, or leave the juice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Mickelle. Definitely leave the juice. I'll make a note of that asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps brittany loves this one too. and i love you blog. keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete