Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Star Cookies

I'm a little hesitant to share this recipe because--and I'm a little bit embarrassed to admit this--I was planning on it helping me in my quest to become the next Mrs. Field's. It's true. I wanted to be the next Mrs. F., open my own bakery, and have everyone and their mom rave about my cookies. I wanted it so much so that I stayed up one night a while back researching just how this lady made it big.
BUT,
I'm pushing my hopes and dreams of being the next cookie queen aside and sharing it with you now.
And I'm doing it because I love you.
Just remember to thank your lucky stars above at night that I let you in on this little secret after you try these babies.

Star Cookies

Cookies:
3 sticks of butter
1 C powdered sugar
3 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Butter should be at room temperature. Cream butter and sugar. Mix in vanilla. Mix by hand the rest of the ingredients. Mold and knead dough until smooth. Form dough into ball and wrap with saran wrap. Place in fridge for 30 min. Roll out and cut in any cookie cutter shape. Bake at 325 for 10 min for small cookies and 15-20 for larger cookies. These cookies should not brown.

Frosting:
1/2 C butter melted in pan
Add the following to butter and stir until it comes to a boil:
1 C sugar
1/2 C half & half
Remove from heat and add:
1 tsp vanilla
Pour over:
3 C powdered sugar
Beat with beaters 


2 comments:

  1. yum! You could totally be the next Mrs. Fields! I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Thank you for sharing. If it makes you feel better, you make them so well that I'm sure people would still buy them from you!

    Briahna (Mickelle's cousin)

    ReplyDelete