Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tara's Melt in Your Mouth Dinner Rolls

Are you sick of all these soup recipes yet? I'm afraid I have at least one more to share, which happens to be my husband's favorite, but for now how about we post something to accompany your favorite soup.
Several of my recipes happen to be ones I've gotten from my sister, this one included. And this one is a keeper.

Tara's Rolls

2 1/2 c. warm water
2 T yeast
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp salt
1/2 c. dry milk
3 c. flour
And then
3-4 c. more flour

Combine first eight ingredients until smooth. Stir in 3-4 c. more flour. There should now be between 6 and 7 cups of flour in the dough. Let dough rise for 1 1/2 hours. After it has risen, punch the dough down. Divide the dough into two balls. Roll the first ball out onto your counter forming a circle of about 16 inches in diameter. Cut the circle into a pizza pie shape with 16 equal triangles. Roll triangles from the wide end to the point. Place the 16 individual rolls on a greased cookie sheet and let rise again for another 45 minutes. Repeat with the second ball of dough.

Bake rolls at 325 for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment