Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fresh Salsa

Got tomatoes? How about jalapenos? We planted a garden for the first time this year and let me tell you we have both. Subsequently, I have become pretty good at homemade salsa. So this one is for you, brother dear, and I am pretty sure I know which brother Whitney was referring to. Another non-baked item for you to try.






6 medium sized tomatoes
1/4 c cilantro
1-2 jalapenos
1/2 yellow onion
2 tsp sea salt (or 3 tsp table salt)
2 limes juiced

Place everything but tomatoes in a food processor or blender. I like to save the tomatoes for last, so I can control how chunky the salsa is. We like ours a little on the chunky side. Blend and then put the tomatoes in and blend those as well.

Enjoy with a big bag of tortilla chips in front of the TV watching NFL Sunday ticket. Or is this just my husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment