Sunday, October 2, 2011

Soft and Chewy Gingersnaps

These cookies became my favorite ginger cookie a few years back. I always thought of ginger cookies as hard and crispy, but then a friend of mine brought over a plate of these and I had to have the recipe. My husband, who doesn't even like ginger cookies, loves these cookies. They are soft and chewy and have that yummy ginger zing.

Since it is officially fall, I thought this should be my first post. I hope you all love them as much as we do.







1 1/2 c vegetable oil
2 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c molasses (I like Grandma's)
4 c flour
4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
*sugar for coating*

bag of white chocolate chips (optional)

Beat oil, sugar, eggs and molasses. Sift dry ingredients into mixture until well blended. Add bag of white chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop and roll balls in sugar. Bake 6-8 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment