Monday, October 17, 2011

The Neiman Marcus Cookie

I typically don't stray away from my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. Why stray when you know what's good? But, after trying this cookie at work last week, I knew I had to bake up a batch myself so I could get my husband's approval as well. And he approved. Twice actually. That is the reason why there is a batch in my oven as I type this.



The Neiman Marcus Cookie
(Original recipe found here. I chose to omit the instant espresso coffee powder. Any other changes I made are in bold below.)


Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds)

2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.

3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for 17-20 minutes depending on oven and how soft or crispy you like your cookies.

Yield:   2 dozen cookies

1 comment:

  1. making these right now!!! ps time for another post. hint hint

    ReplyDelete